Cooperation Indonesia-The Netherlands (TU-Delft)
in Differential Equations, Nonlinear Analysis, Dynamical Systems, and its Applications
The goal is to form a significantly big group of active mathematicians in Indonesia in the field of Applied Mathematics and Nonlinear Phenomena, in particular in the field of Differential Equations, Nonlinear Analysis, Dynamical Systems, and its Applications. All mathematicians active in this field (including those who want to become active in this field) in Indonesia are invited to participate in and to contribute to this Research Consortium in Applied Mathematics and Nonlinear Phenomena.
The main activities of this Research Consortium will be
- the organization of conferences and courses on Applied Mathematics and Nonlinear Phenomena, and
- the selection of and the organization of supervision for Indonesian PHD students in international sandwich programs.
Furthermore, setting up international collaboration for Indonesian mathematicians by means of short (two or three months) visits to TU Delft will be facilitated.
Conferences and Courses
Once every two years a small conference is organized in Indonesia on Applied Mathematics and Nonlinear Phenomena. The intention for this conference is to present updates on the research activities related to this consortium, and also to exchange mathematical ideas. The first conference is scheduled for August 2015 in Bandung, and will be organized by Theo Tuwankotta and Siti Fatimah (as the local organizers).
Following the conference, there will be an intensive 8 to 10-days master course on Applied Mathematics and Nonlinear Phenomena intended for master students, lecturers, and general audiences. The first course will be on Nonlinear Differential Equations and Dynamical Systems. The course will be given by 3 or 4 scientists from Indonesia and The Netherlands.
The main goals of this course will be:
- to provide master students in Indonesia with an advance course in the field of Applied Mathematics and Nonlinear Phenomena (at the end a certificate will be handed over when the results are good).
- to select (in 2015 at most 5) excellent master students and lecturers to do a 4 years PHD program at the TU-Delft in The Netherlands in a so-called sandwich program.
Member of the consortium:
- Dr J.L.A. Dubbeldam (TU Delft, NL)
- Dr M.B.van Gijzen (TU Delft, NL)
- Prof dr A.W.Heemink (TU Delft, NL)
- Dr W.T.van Horssen (TU Delft, NL)
- Prof dr G.Jongbloed (TU Delft, NL)
- Dr C.Kraaikamp (TU Delft, NL)
- Prof dr C.W.Oosterlee (TU Delft, NL)
- Dr H.M.Schuttelaars (TU Delft, NL)
- Dr F.Vermolen (TU Delft, NL)
- Prof dr C.Vuik (TU Delft, NL)
- Dr J.W.van der Woude (TU Delft)
- Dr Abadi (UNESA, Surabaya)
- Dr Caswita (UNILA, Lampung)
- Dr Darmawijoyo (UNSRI, Palembang)
- Dr S.Fatimah (UPI, Bandung)
- Dr Hartono (UNY, Yogyakarta)
- Dr F.Adi-Kusumo (UGM, Yogyakarta)
- Prof dr H.Lumbantobing (UNCEN)
- Dr G.Suweken (UNDIKSHA, Buleleng)
- Dr J.M.Tuwankotta (ITB, Bandung)
- Prof dr S.B.Waluya (UNNES, Semarang)
- Dr Gunardi (UGM, Yogyakarta)
- Dr I.Endrayanto A (UGM, Yogyakarta)